20 Simple Truths Everybody Should Learn about God, Life, and People
by Dr. Celucien L. Joseph
- Love is more important than freedom.
- God is love.
- God loves the poor.
- You give life meaning when you love and serve those who can’t love nor serve you in return.
- Justice and love are inseparable.
- Don’t follow religion, follow God.
- Life is a journey not a destiny.
- Show kindness and compassion to strangers and the poor.
- Friendship with the poor and the disadvantaged is worth pursuing.
- Give food to those who are hungry, and a cup of water to the thirsty.
- Justice and compassion will never fade.
- Many people suffer in the world because of a simple act of injustice.
- Always do good to others!
- Love your enemy!
- Love your family!
- Love sacrificially and serve unconditionally!
- Do not pursue money in this life; rather, cultivate genuine relationship with people that will last because people matter more than money or wealth.
- Invest your time in what is eternal and life-transforming.
- Pursue what is honorable, just, and beautiful in life.
- Love God, love your neighbor, and walk in solidarity with the poor, the needy, and the powerless.
*This post was originally published in Dr. Joseph’s personal website.